Software as a Service Case Study
The software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry is marked by intense competition in an ever-changing landscape; it’s hard to stand out. Here’s how we collaborated with our SaaS client to build an exceptional marketing strategy, resulting in a 300% return on investment in just twelve months.
- Marketing ROI of 300% over 12 months
- Leads increased by 84% YoY
- Customers increased 49.4% YoY
- Customer retention increased by 26%
- Landing page conversion rate went from 7.29% to 17.44%
- Decreased the average cost per lead by 39% via lead source diversification
Establishing Marketing Goals
We started with a comprehensive examination of our client’s needs, customer base, and business objectives. With their knowledge and our expertise, we developed a list of priorities to ensure that their platform was acquiring leads effectively, spending money wisely, and serving their customers well. The first goal was organizational alignment. Our client wanted to make sure marketing was part of an overall strategy that talked to sales, production, customer service, leadership, and more. The second goal was brand alignment and making sure every interaction with a prospect reinforced their brand message. Third was generating quality leads and ensuring they were the right fit for a long-term partnership. Since software with the best user sentiment typically has the highest retention rates, increasing customer retention and building a community were also goals so they could give customers the tools they needed to grow their users.
Here’s How We Did It
To create a unified and custom strategy that would help our client meet their goals, we started from the ground and worked our way up.
- First, we assembled a strong organizational marketing foundation focusing on aspects like brand guidelines, buyer personas, buyer journey, website experience, etc. We needed the right measurement and analytics tools to assess performance and establish effective campaigns, so we selected and implemented proper reporting protocols.
- Next, we focused on creating a marketing and sales alignment strategy. We needed to establish processes and procedures to collaborate effectively and share accountability for company objectives. When both departments work together, marketing coordinates with sales to attract and nurture the right leads through the sales funnel. This collaboration also ensures both teams are working with the same effective messaging and personas. Feedback and insight from both sides are exchanged, and calibration happens organically.
- With the groundwork laid, we built complementary marketing campaigns. Having established business and marketing goals, we created initiatives to drive results in those areas. For example, to grow users to one million over one year, we used collaborative campaigns featuring key partners to boost user subscriptions. To increase brand sentiment, we recommended select PR campaigns. For targeting new, qualified leads, we implemented lead scoring, rating, and nurturing systems along with lead generation tactics for different marketing and sales funnel stages.
“We have been working with Madison Taylor for a little over a year now and have been very impressed with everything they do for us. They are a full-service agency that truly goes above and beyond to make their clients’ lives easier.”